Everyone has an annoying ex of sorts – you know, that someone who we love talking about to friends because they make you feel so important and so wanted that they give you an ego boost, but they do it in such utterly annoying ways. They *fake* drunk calls and drunk texts, they talk to your mom and try to convince her to convince you that breaking up with her was a huge mistake, they badmouth you to common friends by showing everyone how the breakup was all your fault, and blah blah blah epic stories that make for Sunday classic soap opera plots.
Everyone has a story of that annoying ex, see PUADatabase.com.
But what if you’re the annoying ex? What if you are exactly the kind of past lover that you dread? How do you even know that you’re becoming that loathsome, selfish, annoying bratty kind of ex-boyfriend that once was how your ex-girlfriend acted?
Are you an annoying ex?
Here are some 5 telltale signs that you’re an annoying ex (aka signs that you must change your ways and move on):
- You still badmouth your ex several months later. Okay, so I get that some breakups are just so hard to move on from, especially if it was from one of those long, would-have-been-happily-ever-after kinds of relationships. But moving is required of you after the breakup, and badmouthing your ex is never a helpful step. Especially if you have been doing it months and months and months after the breakup. So you’re mad, you don’t have to talk about it too often.
- You post cheesy and emo stuff of Facebook pertaining to the ex (in a way that everyone knows you’re talking to and about the ex but you’re trying to pretend it was just random and the message really wasn’t for her). In simpler terms, this is kind of called attention-whoring. You know, when you’re too desperate to get her attention that you post stuff you think would make her talk to you (even if it meant angering her).
- Talking to every other guy that wants to go out with her and acting like you’re still together. If you can’t move on, don’t stop her from moving too. That’s just selfish. (PS, if she’s really into somebody, you can’t do anything to stop it).
- Making threats and blackmailing. Whether it’s telling her you’re going to jump off the roof of your house or that you have taped yourselves together having sex and that you’re going to expose it if she does not get back with you, threats and blackmailing are not only signs of being an annoying ex. They are also signs of mental problems and you might want to go see a doctor for it.
- Stalking her. Stalking comes in many forms: following her around wherever she is, calling her nonstop, lurking around her Facebook profile, or asking someone to do all these things for you are considered stalking. And please, I know you meant for her to know that you’re doing all these. After all, you want to “subtly” show her that you still care.
Basically, you’re an annoying ex if you do things that will give your ex-girlfriend’s life a piece of hell every time you get a chance to. Now that’s really, really, really annoying.